Translate

Friday, April 22, 2016

My music memories : Power Of Love of King's X

I listened to some Alternative Rocktapes I made in the 90s from some cheap CD complication of unknown rockbands, like Cheap Shots and Big Buzz series and then 
I remembered some so called religious rockbands like King's X and Galactic Cowboys

I stubbled into a nice Top 10 KIng's X favs, listen to them all, 
great stuff but I agreed with last comment , there was no 
"Power Of Love" in the list. "Power of Love" came from their first album "Out of The Silent Planet" and is one of the easiest songs 
to remember by the catchy refrein. 

The soulfull voice of Doug Pinnick, together with the metal riffs of Ty Tabor together with the solid rhythms of Jerry Gaskill give King's X 
a remarkable sound. And despite the name of the band (invented by their manager Sam Taylor), they were nor Christian rock band or something like that. The wiki is very clear on this point.


Does it matter ? I like music that sounds as an crossover between pop-rock and heavy metal. 

Looking back I bought their first album on vinyl, the 2nd "Gretchen Goes to Nebraska" on tape and the 3rd "Faith Hope Love" on a discount CD, with some holes in the CD-case. When I played the CD for the first time, there was no song that I liked. Second time ditto. So I looked for other groups that sounded like King's X, like Galactic Cowboys...

But that something for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment