Translate

Saturday, March 5, 2016

MSX demo: Music Module sample disks - part 2 - Others

This is part #2 of the Music Module sample disks and this time not 
1 White Metal band, but 4 of them. Some very unfamous like Martyr and Chariot,  some more famous like Saint and Whitecross. 
So I will tell you something about every band below.

I had a tape from Martyr, "Death is dead" and there was only one good song on it "Golgotha".
Well, some parts of it were really trashy (in a good way).
Sadly I cant remember how I got it, but some YouTuber uploaded the whole tape, so you can listen to more songs as well.

Chariot was a band I completly forgot until I listened to the sample I took from the song "The Truth". I think I had it on tape. Well I found the song NOT on Youtube, but somewhere else.

What can I tell about Saint, these samples came from their first album "Warriors of the Son", which I bought after "Time's End" (2nd album). It had the Saint sound from "Time's End" but the songs were not all so catchy like the next album. Some were still good enough to sample anyway.
* Abyss
* Vicars of Fate
* Warriors of the Son









Whitecross was famous because of their guitarist Rex Caroll and vocalist Scott Wenzel, but I had always my doubts about the leadsinger, I found it painfull the listen an whole album to him.
But Rex really knew how the play hardrock music. 
I sampled 2 songs of "Hammer and Nail", their 2nd album, because I thought there were only 2 good songs. I had also
 the first album, and I liked only the last song of that album, 
so I wasnt a major fan and bought never again an album 
of Whitecross.

* Livin On The Edge
* Because of Jesus
 live

Here are the links to disk #2 with these samples.
at Gavitex and Mediafire


 

No comments:

Post a Comment