Translate

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

TnC Instrumental Highlights presents : Theme from Betty Blue by Gabriel Yared


There are not many movies that made a deep impression on me, like Betty Blue 
( or the original title 37,2 Degrees Le Mantin). 

It all started with a visit with a friend of mine at a shop called Expo, where you could buy posters and other movie related stuff. We looked at the posters hanging in the shop and there it was in a black and blue, Betty Blue (on the right). I was so swept of my feet, buying it without knowing what's the movie was all a bout. And so did my friend with another poster of Betty Blue (*). 
Then I searched for more, bought the movie on VHS, the soundtrack on CD, a T-shirt and 
a pocketbook of the movie (left).

Why ? Well the movie is about a young girl full of energy and a shy guy, but their relation going badly, cause she has major psychic problems, that are growing during the movie. I was really fond of actrice Beatrice Dalle and search for more French movies with her, but it seemed she could only repeat the Betty Blue role over and over again. 

The movie is kinda sad, you want that they are happy together and you just know it wont happen... 

Now the music, a saxofoon playing a sad riddle and a mouth-organ plays along, perfectly sad. The rest of the soundtrack contains some variations on this theme and an other theme (song 3) plus some more stuff. It fits in the movie so well. 
I checked some other stuff of Gabriel Yared and was disappointed.  Not the Betty Blue quality. The poster of Betty Blue had hung for years in my bedroom, until I moved out. 

(*) I'm not sure which poster it was, I think it's one of these 2 (left / right).
Here is a scene from the movie, if you like it, you will like the whole movie too.

No comments:

Post a Comment