Translate

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Another Wordstore demo and more: The Blackhouse Samples

This is a post I was afraid to write it.
Can I explain after all these years why a Beatles fan bought 2 LPs of Blackhouse a Christian Industrial band ?
I dont think I can at this moment, maybe later.


What I do remember that, when I was very depressed I put on a record of Blackhouse
and after playing 1 side, I wasnt anymore.
I had bought "Holy War" and "We Will Fight Back" (with the crucified rabbit, Blackhouse wasnt happy with it), after that none/
My taste of music changed I guess...

Blackhouse made songs full of hard rhythmic noises or should I say, it's like standing in a great factoryhall where all machines start making noises during a couple of minutes and sometimes you hear somebody shouting to you, but you hardly understand any word.

Why this MSX post ?
I was browsing and playing my collection of MSX games,  when I found some lost Wordstore musicfiles on a disk. I started my Wordstore+ and found "Rhythmus III"
of Blackhouse from the album "We Will Fight Back"
And I liked it and I remembered I sampled once another song of Blackhouse called "Whispers Of Love"
from the album "Holy War". 
Not with Wordstore+ but with a simple program that created 1 binaire file with both player and sample in it.
Sadly I forgot the name of that program, but unlike Wordstore+, the sample could not being edit in any way.
So the idea was born to make a disk called
"The Blackhouse Samples" and created 2 little demo's around these 2 samples.
And these samples sounded even harder than the
originals on vinyl. 

Converting the pictures to MSX readable format was
the hardest part, cause my favorite online MSX conversor(link) didnt works any more.

I converted the pics to gif and showem.com
(a MCCM GIF Viewer) converted in MSX readable format, but it did some nasty tricks, like saving the picture twice as an copy-file and creating pics with strange dimensions.

Finally I managed, so here it is: "The Blackhouse Samples"

Mediafire
Gavitex

Check out more songs of Blackhouse if you dare ...

No comments:

Post a Comment