Translate

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My Music Memories : How can we hang on to a Dream - Tim Hardin

This sad song will always remind me of the end of the Dutch movie "Searching for Eileen"

It's about a young man who lost his girlfriend and sees a girl just like her.
He tries to find her...Eileen. The last scene is at a empty trainstation and...well...

It's a movie from the book "Zoeken naar Eileen" by Leon de Winter, but I remember only the last scene of the movie with the Tim Hardin song.
Sadly I did not much about Tim Hardin, so I was glad to read song comments with more 
info about the artist and wiki helped a lot. Seems his life was like this song "How can we hang on to a Dream".

As always I searching on YouTube for other versions of the song, but most are worse 
than the original.
I tought that more female singers would have covered the song, but no.
Any way...this version by Marianne Faithfull is almost as good as the original.
And this strange version of RSN is somehow a remix of the original, it left me breathless...

No comments:

Post a Comment