Translate

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Highlights of MSX: listings


Because the MSX-Basic was capable of many things without or with a little help of machine-code, lots of listingbooks were available for MSX-1.

And every MSX magazine had some listings in it, cause they were very populair and the magazine could make some extra money by selling cassettes and disks with the programs of the listings on it.

The listings were getting longer so some magazines make controlprograms to check if the typer had not made mistakes.

I had a lot of fun typing in games, utilities and music.
And I learned a lot about how to use MSX-Basic commands, cause most of the time
I had to check and fix the errors in the listings.
It was also a cheap way to get new MSX software, without paying high prices for cassettes or disks.

The pics show some of the books with listings I had typed over.
Frequently I was suprised by the quality of these listings and still play or use these listings
during my MSX sessions...

No comments:

Post a Comment