Translate

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Fan van The Beatles

Actually I am not really a Beatle-fan any more, 
but The Beatles were the first musicgroup of music artist 
I became fan of. 

My older sister bought for me Abbey Road for 5 guilders, and The Beatles 62-66 (The Red Album) for 10. 

Then I started bying LPs and MCs of The Beatles until there was none left, well....I didnt bought Hey Jude, cause I had most songs already, ditto for The Magical Mystery tour 
(borrowed it) and Revolver, cause a friend of mine had the complete album on a stereo bandrecorder. 
So I recorded it on my own cassette tape (although the heads of the bandrecorder were no good,  I had to change manual the recordinglevels DURING the recording itself).
It gave me headaches and very strange stereo-effects...
I have some great memories about collecting every Beatles Rarities album I could find, or buy the St. Pepper album with the paper moustache (picture)
, the funny cartoonmovie Yellow Submarine, and recording the complete Let It Be movie on tape by putting the mono buildin mic of my cassetterecorder as close as possible to the speaker of our television. 

My friend at that time liked The Beatles almost, but he prefered more the early years (62-66). I liked the period (67-70) more. 
Funny enough he had The Blue Album 67-70 and I had
The Red Album, but we never switched or traded...

There are so many Beatles songs I liked, so I will mention only the ones from Abby Road, cause I still think it is the best album they ever made. 

First, Come Together altough it took many years to understand what the song was about, You Never Give Me Your Money, cause of the genius changes from ballad to boogie-woogie to rock and back. Finally The End, because it has a lot of great guitar-solos in it.

When I was searching on YouTube for some special versions of Beatle-songs it was clear I shouldnt search for any cover versions, cause every artist who want to be (or stay) in the spotlights has recorded one of more songs of The Beatles. Instead I search for mixes, remixes or megamixes...

After I heard 9 false attempts (cut n paste vs. fade-in/fade-out) I stopped looking and search for the first commercial Beatles mix ever...the Stars on 45 project.
Well, the Star on 45 concept had many more episodes (less succesfull), so here is the long version of The Beatles Medley

No comments:

Post a Comment