Translate

Monday, August 15, 2016

112 MSX Basic games presents : UNTIL-0.GAM (87)

When I made this post, I was sure I would publish MIRRORS.GAM first, but after my changes the game got worse and I had to start over again, maybe next year...

After the ascii graphics of MIRRORS.GAM here is another game that doesnt use the MSX-1 videochip very good.
This time the author of this game is TnC, myself.

I had a great idea and tried to program it in MSX Basic.
That was no problem, the graphics were.
No clue how to VPOKE nice screen layouts, so I used the
only VPOKE command I know (re-used from the MSX-1 LOUP demo).

If someone can help me out with some SCREEN 1 graphics
( ex Konami employees ) , please let me know...

Let's talk about UNTIL-0.GAM oftwel Until Zero.

The gameplay is simpel, press fire before the timer goes below 0, the closer to 0, the more points.

Each round the timer will be set on a high value to increase the difficulty.
And the game was made for max. 3 players !
Not 4, I hate those games where 2 players had to use the keyboard together,
so it's 2 joystick players and 1 cursorkeys player.

While you all waiting for the timer to go zero, randomly will appear several logo's of the "Until Zero game" to make the waiting less boring.

I actual got the idea from a Wii party game where you have to count to 10 and press a button at the right time. Who is original anymore ?


Please leave any comment after you played my very first full game I ever made, 15 years after I stopped using my NMS8245...

Gavitex / Mediafire

 

No comments:

Post a Comment