Translate

Sunday, August 28, 2016

MSX demo : The Most Ultimate Paranoid Demo (2016 version)

Well at first I didn't want to create a 2016 version of the Turbo Basic / KUN compiler Paranoid Demo for MSX-1,
when I started collecting stuff for ToolZ and DemoZ part 3. 

But when I saw the clumcy loader for the demo parts
and watched all the demo parts, I started to think how to improve some parts, cause some parts were finished
and some parts seemed to miss something. 

For example: part 1 ( worktitle FINAL.TRB ) was finished,
but part 2 ( LIJNLET.TRB ) seemed to be only partly. 
I started to collect new ideas and found out the old 1990 version had 2 almost identical parts ( SINUSLET.TRB and SINUSLKR.TRB ) with 1 difference, the characterset. 
So when I created a some kind of playlist for the demo-parts, I got not enough parts.
I had to create some new ones to get the playlist I really wanted.

What are the main changes between the 1990 and the 2016 version ?

01) Using the same characterset for all scrollers
02) Creating new scroller texts for each scroller (except the 1st one).
03) Designed new sprites and sprites animation
04) After pressing a key, new part is automaticly loaded
05) Adding a new scroller and another demo part
06) Some sound effects added to demo parts.

I am still not completly happy with the demo as it is now.
It has no music only some sounds, the scroller parts looked be bit the same and the demo parts are quite simple.
However I like the designed sprites and the way I made
a parody on some demo's of famous MSX groups from
the (Dutch) demoscene, like Sigma, FAC and BCF.

Still wanna see this crap ? Gavitex / Mediafire

NB: You have to press a key to continue to the next demo part, but be a little patient...

No comments:

Post a Comment