Translate

Saturday, August 13, 2016

MSX demo : KAOS II (sample demo)

Somehow I like to make programs with an 2 in the title.
I guess because when I release the first version , there is also room for improvements. 
Not this time. 

KAOS II was in fact an attempt to create an MSX version of 

It had simple fast moving animation in less colours and the music was a combination of maybe 4 samples, played in some kind of order. 

I got the idea to create an MSX version, when I manage the routine to create 13 different screens in SCREEN 0. 
And I had some nice samples, leftovers from the Dance House Demo, of course all sampled from Italian Dance Classics. What could go wrong ? 

After I finished  the demo 
I knew the answer already. 

I can't remember if I upload it to any MSX BBS ( the fastest way to get tons of MSX software for free, but you had to pay your phone bill).

Why was it so bad ? Take a look at the screenshots.


It was not easy to draw some stuff on a textscreen with only 40 columns and I ran out of idea's very soon. That's why... The only good part is the samples, but in general it's doesn't come close to what that Amiga 500 demo does easily. 

A couple months ago I tried to create better ASCII-art 
( that's what it is basicly ) in 40 columns for this demo, 
to give it a 2nd change
But no. Only 80 columns or more give you something 
you can recognize. 


So this KAOS II demo was my 2nd failure. 
After this I learned from my mistakes and in the next demo with Music Module samples all GFX were made by my MSX partner in EMP-SOFT, it was called "The Revolution Demo"...

And that is another story...

You can download my both failures ( KAOS II and Dance House Demo) on one disk at
But I warned you !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment