Translate

Monday, August 15, 2016

MSX demo: MSX 1 MEGA DEMO

I was just browsing on YouTube and found a MSX 1 demo from YouTube channel I never heard of. The title was not very original and it seems the creators made only 1 MSX demo.
Pity, cause this demo is very promising, some parts look like they had typed over some basic listings (the 3D designs), the best parts are the pictures with a little animation.
Impressive what they could do with only 15 colors with colorspill.
One of the creators was a big fan of Madonna as you can see in the demo. 
There is also a nonsense story, like in Konami Nemesis II (?) with nice screenwipes.
The best part was the picture of a colibri with birds singing sounds, no samples, just pure PSG. There is not much sound or music in this demo, but I have seen a lot of MSX-1 demo's with horrible PSG music so I dont miss it that much...Like other MSX-1 demo's there is a sample part, so silent I had to boost my speakers to the max to hear some (I think) Madonna song.

Here is the link.

Please give this demo more likes, it deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment