Translate

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

112 MSX Basic Games presents: SNACKBAR.GAM (65)

First SNACKBAR.GAM was just a simple game to translate, before I started to play it frequently. 
Then I saw the shortcomings of the game, no manual, no highscore and it was impossible to get the (hidden) highscore of 99950, cause each round give you maximum of 50 points, most of the time less. 
Well, not impossible but who wanna play more than 2000 rounds the same game ? I don't so when I add the highscore I change the amount of points you get. Now you only have to play around 400 rounds. 
Okay, I am not sure anyone will play this game that long. But it's very amusing game. Just another memory game, but the setting (a snackbar with a customer ordering and a waitress delivering) is very unique. Also another old listing from the Dutch magazine MCM and I still want to play it. 

The listing itself was very uncomplicated so when I had to change the layouts for the new highscores, it wasn't that hard to do. Writing the manual was not so easy if you use SCREEN 1, cause you can't make long sentences. 
 I also made the manual completly cursorkeys/joystick compatible, the listing of mr. H. Mak had a very clear way of making choices with a joystick, just checking the up and down direction.

Mediafire / Pcloud if you still wanna beat the highscore... 

And if you miss some games in your 112 MSX Basic Games collection, you can download
them from this list

No comments:

Post a Comment