Translate

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Fan of The Blues Brothers ???

I have told already some things about the movies "The Blues Brothers" and "Blues Brothers 2000" when I post about "Sollicitere" of Janse Bagge Bend. 
If you read it you know what the movies are all about and the good music in it. When I found out The Blues Brothers were a real band I bought their album "Briefcase full of blues". 


It wasn't what I expected after seeing the movie, I am still not a big fan of Rhythm & Blues. So it was a bit of a waste of money. I better had bought the soundtrack of the movie. Looking at the wiki page of the soundtrack, lots of good stuff was left behind. They had better decide to publish 2 versions, the standard and the extended version with 2 CDs. 

I still liked the music of the first movie and the crazy story so when "Blues Brothers 2000" came out, I got to the cinema to watch it.
Like I said in an earlier post, better watch the songs from the movie and forget all about the story. After that, I was still a fan of The Blues Brothers, the 1st movie but not the band ( the picture, you see above, was hanging many years on my wall).

The 1st movie was such a great success, so they (Titus) made not 1 but 2 Blues Brothers video games. 
It was simple platformers with good music of the movie, remade for FM soundcards, like the early Soundblasters.
When I search for pictures or even videos, I found a nice website where you can play them in your browsers!
Check them out, here and there.  

Of course, there was also a Blues Brother 2000 game, this time only for Ninento 64 game console, you can try it here and there. On my computer, it was to slow to play. Better download an N64 emulator (like Project 64) and try your luck at some from the archive (like Rom Hustler) on the net.

I quit this post with some nice YouTube links with Blues Brothers (& Friends) music.
Hope they won't be banned soon. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment