Translate

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Optical Illusions & Impossible Objects ( non MSX part)


Recently we bought 2 books about Optical Illusions, very cheap. It explains a lot about different kind of optical illusions. 

I did not know there were so many. 
Even long time ago, at the Romans they made already some optical illusions, famous painters used it and later on in childrenbooks and newspapers. 


The books shows you can create almost with everything some kind of illusion. 

It made me wonder if I could find some optical illusions on my MSX disks. I found 2 slideshows with impossible objects. 
In the Netherlands we call every impossible objects 
an Escher, the famous Dutch artist who created some optical illusions just by hand. Some slideshows were not enough to fill the disk so I converted some pictures imspired by Escher, I called them Modern Eschers. While I was searching for Modern Eschers I stumbled into some Russian English blogs about impossible objects everywhere and also some videos of animated Eschers. These videos are very impressive and made me wonder what would happened if Escher had a computer to work on. 
Enjoy the videos, the blogs and the MSX disk 
I compiled, called Impossible Objects Disk.
Check out that other post.

- Blogs about Impossible Objects
- A lot of Animated Eschers on Vimeo


There is more than only YouTube, so I tried to find interesting videos on Vimeo.
And I found enough good stuff.
Check out vimeo.com, you might the interface.

No comments:

Post a Comment