Translate

Saturday, January 20, 2018

My Music Memories: Een kopje Koffie of VOF De Kunst


Another Dutch song, which is basically another cover with new lyrics. However, the lyrics fit the song and it could have been a hit outside The Netherlands. The original song was called "Verde e Amarelo" of Roberto en Erasmo Carlos from Brasil. The English translation will be "One Cup Of Coffee". Yes, it's a Dutch song about our national drink, coffee ;-)

Lucky for me I didn't translate more lines of text, somebody else did and created also a funny video featuring Kathryn Janeway of Star Trek Voyager series, who drinks a lot of coffee during the clip.



I had to admit, when I was working in the office they had a special coffee maker, which created perfect expresso. And I was a real addict, I drank some 6 mugs of expresso during the working day. If you count a mug as 3 times a normal expresso, you know I had no problem to stay awake. I had to, cause I got up at 6, to be on time at 8 at the office, mostly working until 17 or a bit later, be at home always after 6.




VOF De Kunst made more sing-a-long songs like "Suzanne" their greatest hit (also a cover), "Oude Liefde Roest Niet", they tried their luck in English songs as The Art Company and later they were successful with songs about Sinterklaas and other children songs.

Now I get very thirsty. I guess it's time for "Een kopje koffie".

No comments:

Post a Comment