Translate

Friday, January 26, 2018

The ECH Files Part 4 : The Speedway

The Speedway stayed unfinished, cause I could not figure out how the combination of trick wire, redstone and redstone lantarns should work. The speedway was build as a big 8, cause you cant go high or low without jumping in Minecraft. And I used ice as road so you could race with just ordinairy boats. 
 
Because the redstone experiment failed, I placed many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many sign boards, so you could see where you should go. 

However the ice was very slippery, as you can see in the video. 
I had to speed up the vid (it took more than 5 minutes to get to the finish line), to save the vid from boring. I hope you like the music, its the Benny Hill Show theme

To create such a big 8 from iceblocks I had to do a lot of digging and mining, my son helped a lot to save me from giving up. To get enough iceblocks had I travelled a lot, without any success. Then I found a small lake that got frozen at 1 side. I borrowed a special pick-axe  
from my son, made some buckets of iron and made a very simple Ice generator by filling holes in the ground with water from the lake, let it be frozen and dig it softly to get the ice block. I had to do this many times, so I made my own spawnpoint there. 

Besides me my son and another friend of his tried to race the track, still too slippery to be funny. I didnt know if there were bouncing blocks available on the server, if there were any I would use them and re-arrange the speedway into a bumper-car floor. 

That would be big fun with friends. I forgot to mention, because of the redstone failure, there is no round counter or a real finish line. So its easy to cheat and be the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment