Translate

Saturday, January 27, 2018

My Music Memories: Today of Junkie XL

I was preparing a video serie of my favorite vehicles in Midtown Madness 2, with a Top 5 of trucks, muscle cars, rally cars, planes ( really !!!) etc etc. Just wanna showcase them and do a quick race. Therefor I wanted some race music so I listened to OSTs of race games whom cars have been converted in MM2, like the Need For Speed, Driver, Flatout, Midnight Club series.Then I found this track. and the intro guitar riff kept on pounding in my head for almost a week. So now you will have it too. 

Bye bye. I will read your comments over a week or so... 

I dont know , I like the video clip about a hairdresser making very strange haircuts, 
mister Junkie XL himself. 

After this wonderfull track "Today" I googled for more of Junkie XL, a Dutchman like me. Sorry to say, most of it was boring or not my kind of music. That's a bit strange cause I was in the past a big fan of Nerve (Junkie XL was one part of the duo) and his remixes  & productions with KONG, which I also fan of. 

I guess when you get older your music taste changes a little. So there will no "Fan Of Junkie XL", his "little less conversation" remix of Elvis Presley is simple and still another great track ( with his alias JXL ).

I was just about to publish this post when I remembered I bought once a mega single-CD 
of Junkie XL, when Junkie XL was a Dutch band, with the rapper "Rude Boy" from Urban Dance Squad. It featured "Billy Club", "No Remorse" and 2 remixes of tracks of the album "Saturday Teenage Kick". It was so called "Big Beat" music, like The Prodigy made.
I liked it but not enough to buy the full album. I wish I did, cause 2 tracks "Def Beat" and 
"No Remorse" featured in the OST of racegames I still like to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment