Translate

Saturday, January 13, 2018

TncStuff's Yearbook 2017

It is a bit strange to post a Yearbook of 2017 in the beginning of 2018, instead of at the very end of 2017. People always want to look back in December, but after new year nobody cares about last year. 
Well, I break with that tradition and post my Yearbook 2017 now. There are many retrospects over 2017, I will keep it simple, this one is my blog in 2017 and to make it easier for me, per month. 
First I had to say I posted in 2016 more than in 2017. If you look at the start of my blog, every year there were more posts. I had a good reason for that, in July 2017 I just didn't like posting about anything. I was so occupied with my work, I didn't want to sit any second longer behind my computer or any other electronic device ( except the tv). 
As time goes by, my enthusiasm for the blog came back and so here we are now.
Enough said, let's go on with the year 2017, highlights and lows.
 
January
I did a post on "Monstercat" to show I am not just a fan of 80s and 90s music.
There was so much "Monstercat" stuff on YouTube, it was hard to select something for the post. And there are some 112 MSX Basic, most proud of my version of the Dutch BEURS game, called TRADER.GAM. It was so hard to translate the terms and creating the gameplay rounds.

February
I released the first 2 disk full of Soundz & DemoZ (& MusicZ too).
Changed the mainmenu just a little with a sound effect and different text-colors.
It was fun to create those disks,  but hard not to fill up the disk too much and also to make everything bugfree. Not a lot to post, but these disks took a lot of time to compile.

March
I didn't post, I was too busy creating so I could not finish anything on time in March.

April
Lots of posts, I am most proud of the "Life Is Strange" mixes on YouTube and Mixcloud.
For the first time aFree!computer game really made me cry a little, that makes this game very special. The musics were so different in BPM and pitch, it was almost impossible to mix.
But the hardtest part was creating the video, my own working editor "ShowBiz DVD 2" crashed a lot and could only export to very low resolutions.
I also posted for the first time about music from tv-series, this time "Death In Paradise".
The mixes were only made, cause I could not find a longer version than 53 seconds. seconds. And some 112 MSX Games, I played PATIENCE.GAM a lot after I posted, 
but I never could beat my own high score.
I remember PARAS.GAM, cause the game was so broken before I fixed it, not sure all fixes were good, but it's playable now.

MayAnother music from a tv-series, "The Bridge" this time. Yes, another detective series, 
I just like this genre, just like my wife.
Google was a big friend of mine this month and I watched my first meme on YouTube. 
It had a very long title "Fat man does amazing dive" and such a catchy music I had to 
post about "Shooting Stars" of "Bag Raiders".
I created some pictures for my tape collection on Mixcloud, with help of "Photoscape".
Very easy to use with great features in it. So I posted after uploading about those tapes.

June
Only one post, but hey, I was busy composing with MMM Free ! You can still listen to them on Soundcloud. I especially like my "First Drumsolo", "Ambient Piano Dump" and "Cutt Off 6th Symphony".

July
I released my 3rd and 4th disk of SoundZ & DemoZ, it took me so much time, to sort out what I just leave behind and what must be included. I changed some demo's to make them better, but the hardest decision I made was not to try to create a complete version of "Every Breath You Take" in FM-Basic, I believed I had a complete version that was not out of tune (like the rest). 
In the end, I just had only the intro and 2 refreins, some things doesn't go as planned.

August
Again not much post just like July, but I release my 5th and 6th disks of SoundZ & DemoZ.
Of course, I created some additional software, just like on the other disks, but I was glad the series was almost ended. Creating a short readme.txt for every piece of software, became a bit of a boring job.

September
I released Zoundz & DemoZ Disk Part 7 and it was not easy to fill those last disks.
I had trouble with "Soundtracker" replayer that causes Out of Memory errors, very strange.
When I made the replayer years ago I never had such a problems, maybe a "BlueMSX" emulator problem? And I had forgotten to blog about the ToolZ & DemoZ Disk Part D, so here it was. A very colorful edition with lots of small demo's. And I released my first meme, "My Doorbell" of the White Stripes. Don't read the post, just click on the YouTube link.

October
Very productive, like September. Less MSX, much YouTube stuff. I enjoyed finding rare versions. And for Halloween, I released just in time "The First Jumpscare On MSX Ever".
Sadly nobody except SupMSX noticed a nasty bug that let the demo crash on real MSX computers. Yeah, emulators are not the real thing, I should have tested it on a real MSX-2.
The Return Of Mr. Hyde was made a real game demo if it will be finished...
First I need to write a scenario for it. Now there isnt.

November
It was a bad month. I released no MSX software, only 2 YouTube musical adventures.
But I released 2 short videos of MSX versions of "Auf Wedersehen Monty" (stealing the video from YouTube an cut it). And I didn't know what to post about Xmas and New Year.

December
The most productive month full of posts. I found enough to post about for Xmas (released 3 MSX Xmas demo's), discovered some forgotten music bands, did some amazing music adventures on YouTube. And I had also time to release a couple of fine 112 MSX Basic Games. I am most proud of the post about Dutch Boogie Woogie & Fireworks (MSX).
Maybe I create a long mix of those Boogie tracks of Fireworks.

Of course, everybody has New Year's resolution, which never lasts long. I have just a couple. I promise to post at least 2 times each month and to have fun with my blog. 
I think I can manage that.

May 2018 be good for you all !
Happy Newyear !!!
Note: I released a short "Yearbook 2017" of my blog, featuring all pictures I used on the blog. Maybe you can take a look. The music is from Valis II game, with the best OST ever made on MSX-2. Remakes on other game-consoles may be better looking but have boring OSTs.


No comments:

Post a Comment