Translate

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Dutch Boogie Woogie pianists versus Fireworks

Recently I was watching how my son played games where the music determines the difficulty of the gameplay. I am talking about "Riff Racer" and "Beat Hazard"


And I wonder how difficult the gameplay will be if you don't use the regular hard rock, metal, techno, dubstep, hardstyle, etc etc 
but music from games that use a different kind of music.

For example, I played a PC Pinball Game with Boogie Woogie music. 


What if you play "Riff Racer" 
or "Beat Hazard" with a Boogie Woogie song? 

 
Then I remembered my sister had once a 7" single of a Dutch Boogie Woogie pianist with a famous children song  
"De uil zat in de olmen" and I search on YT for names and songs. As it turned out, there are two famous Dutch Boogie Woogie pianists, Rob Hoeke and Jaap Dekker
I could not find "De uil", I am pretty sure it was Jaap Dekker who played it. 
Never mind, I found other Boogie Woogie songs on YT and made a short playlist of these.


Note: For Boogie Woogie music you need a piano, bass, and drums. It's a kind of rock n roll, rockabilly, blues all into one piano. If you want to learn, try this.

PS: 
On Fireworks 2 and 3 musicdiscs of the MSX club MCD, I found 2 short Boogie Woogie shortof songs. Check out Pub Boogie 3 and 2 Thanks to FRANK MSX DEMOS FOR YOU AND ME for uploading this.

Best wishes for 2018 to you all !!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment