Translate

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

112 MSX Basic games presents : 112-60 edition

I write already at MIDGET-G.GAM about my inpatients to release the next edition of this disk. With still 59 to go, its a lot of work, I really want to finish the whole series. 
When I play a game for some time I always get fresh ideas about what could be better and what should be untouched. Some ideas work out great and some I had to forget. 
Now we take a quick look at the next countdown of games, from 78 til 60.

78 MINDBUST.GAM
77 PATIENCE.GAM
76 PARAS.GAM
75 KESHISAR.GAM
74 BALBAL.GAM
73 CATCH.GAM
72 BREAKMAN.GAM
71 MRTOPHAT.GAM
70 ADD221.GAM
69 HAL.GAM
68 ICECREAM.GAM
67 SWATFLY.GAM
66 BULLS.GAM
65 SNACKBAR.GAM
64 BTTLSHIP.GAM
63 SUPERHEL.GAM
62 GRAVYARD.GAM
61 SQUARES.GAM
60 MIDGET-G.GAM 


A very diverse collection of games, with a good balance between action, sport and mind games. And I count 3 Pacman clones, BREAKMAN, MRTOPHAT and GRAVYARD. 
There are some listings from former Dutch magazines, like ICECREAM, HAL, SNACKBAR, GRAVYARD, and MIDGET-G. 
Finding a good name for these mostly Dutch games was not always easy, cause translation gave me such strange results,  I had to think hard for a better one. 
But I think I succeed most of the time.


When I started this series, I had no clue, when its gonna end, now I don't mind. 
When I need a break from my other projects, I play some MSX Basic games and try to translate and improve them

Some things will stay the same, adding a manual, controls for cursor keys and joysticks,  save high scores. However every game is made in a different way, so I had to dig deep into the listing to change it. And I still like it as long as I don't have to do it every day. 


I may have some surprises in store for the next series 59 til 40, I don't have them all ready by now, I hope some very soon.

BTW: I changed some colors in the menu and the cursor doesn't blink anymore. Hope you like it.

Download this collection 112-60 at Mediafire/Pcloud

Last notes: I still didn't beat my high score in PATIENCE game, I think I made the game too difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment