Translate

Friday, March 30, 2018

More Wordstore+ Picture Demo : Valentine's Day of Paul McCartney

When I had collected all songs from the Beatles I started to collect Paul Mc Cartney albums
and started with his first solo-album, called...you guessed it! (no, not with an I at the end ).
 

He played all instruments and Linda sang sometimes in the background (well, she tried).
I didn't know any song from the album, so I let the record play in the music store.

I heard the first song, Lovely Linda, I didn't wanna buy it anymore.
But the people in the shop were very busy, so I listened to the second song 

(That Would Be Something). Even worse...
Paul tried to sing like Elvis in a song nobody wants to hear, it sounded like a never 
finished demo.

Then the 3rd song began: Valentine's Day and I expected it was another ballad going nowhere. No, it was a short instrumental with a raw guitar, solid drum riff, bass 
and acoustic guitar.
Not too long, just right, and when Valentine's Day ended, I bought the record.


Until now, nobody made a nice video for the song, it certainly deserves one.
And you won't find it on any Valentine's Day album, cause it's not a sweet song.

The rest of the McCartney album had more unfinished than finished songs, 
and the songs that were finished, I didn't like very much.
 
So I liked Valentine's Day (of course), Every Night (Paul has performed this song a couple
of times live) a bit boring, OO You (I will talk about this one later), Sing Along Junk (instrumental version of Junk, ( I liked it better than when Paul sang it) and the first part 

of Momma Miss America, with the catchy keyboard/piano loop and pounding drums,
the 2nd part was a sort of Valentine's Day part 2. What a waste of talent.

Well, you can judge for yourself now.


Some tribute band called Flying Horses tried to play Valentine's Day live
no thumbs up from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment