Translate

Friday, March 2, 2018

My Music Memories: De Eskimo of Andre van Duin

Now the winter is coming to the Netherlands and lots of people tried to skate on every ditch, that's been frozen, I remembered this Dutch song of a very known (and old) Dutch comedian, Andre van Duin. Why cause I don't like the weather when the temperature goes below zero. 
I always have cold feet and hands, not able to do much when I am outside. 
But sometimes I have to and this song shows exactly the state I am in.


It's, of course, a Dutch song, with Dutch lyrics so I used Google translate and the translation made the song funnier than the Dutch version.
Here are the lyrics:



Try to sing along with the English lyrics, while listening to the Dutch version!
Big fun!

Note: Andre van Duin released another Eskimo song, it was a parody on "Mexico" of the Zangeres Zonder Naam (who sang a Dutch translation of "Le chanteur de Mexico"). 
He made a lot of parodies of songs an although he was also a composer of lots of other songs he released, I still remembered his parody's the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment