Translate

Friday, March 2, 2018

112 MSX Basic Games presents : SQUARES.GAM (61)

Now, this is a simple game where you play against MSX. There is a field full of squares and 1 of them is red. 
You win, if you get on the red square first or if you cant go to another square. All squares will disappear if you click on them. You can move vertically and MSX plays horizontally. MSX will always go first.
The play screen is very small but random generated, so every game won't take long to finish and is still challenging. 

Finding a good name for this game was difficult, the Dutch title "Vlaktiek" cannot be translated, cause it's a kind of Dutch word joke. I don't know how to make jokes in English. After hard thinking I choose for "GOTORED4", but I didn't like it and changed it back to simple "SQUARES.GAM". 
It described the game very well. 

Of course, I made a sort of manual and ... and...

 

After I wrote this above, I started with applying those changes. 
Soon I found out it was extremely difficult to change the game to a 2 player game. It was not clear which tests were for determining the best turn and which one for moving the sprite. So I throw away that idea of the 2 player game. 

Next was the sprite size, after playing the game more than 10 times, I was convinced the size and shape were good enough and change only the color of the sprite and the name of the player. 

However I got a great idea to create a sort of tournament where you must play 5 rounds against MSX, of course, you can choose to play only 1 round, but you miss the fun of beating the MSX at least 3 times to win the tournament.

Are you willing to challenge MSX? 

Goto Mediafire / Pcloud.

Sorry, there was no sound or music in the whole game. I was not sure to create or borrow some from other games. Repeated sounds can be annoying (see GRAVYARD.GAM) and 
I choose for no sound at all.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment