Translate

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Fan of The Nits ???

Well, not me. 

But my older sister was a big fan of the Dutch group The Nits and bought any album of them. To me, only some songs got me hooked, like their biggest hit In the Dutch mountains or Nescio or J.O.S. Days or The Train

I mostly remember The Nits as a quartet and trio with Henk Hofstede as the lead singer, composer and driving force behind the group. The interaction between Stips and Hofstede made the group steady a lot of years. 
After they split up, my sister was not fan anymore and I forgot all about them. 

Yes ,they had a comeback (and still have),  just like so many other groups, but for me the thrill has gone. Who wants to see some old man playing old songs they played better 10 
or 15 years ago ? I don't. 


The Nits were maybe the first Dutch group that disvovered the theater as a new form to get more audience for their music ( and more record sales). It is hard to describe their music, 
it's a sort of experimental pop with influences from other for away countries.

If you know there are no mountains in the Netherlands, only hills, but the Dutch people call them mountains, you get the joke of "In the Dutch mountains" and understand the musicvideo better.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment