Translate

Thursday, March 29, 2018

My Music Memories : Eisbaer van Grauzone

Once upon a time, I found a way to download songs from Grooveshark.com, an online music service, like Spotify, without paying. 


Very illegal, but they didn't have much music 
I liked.I got the idea to collect all my fav rock songs to mix them together in 1 big mix. 

It would include favs like "Girls School of Wings" but also "Language of Love of Cliff Richard", "Downpayment Blues by AC/DC".

So it would be rock songs in all variations. 





Including some German stuff, I still liked, for example, "Major Tom of Peter Schilling""Dreiklangsdimensionen of Rheingold" and "Skandal Im Sperrbezirk of the Spider Murphy Gang"

While I was searching on YouTube for finding the right title and artist names of these German songs, I found also this one, "Eisbear of Grauzone". Songs about an icebear are not very common and I started to listen to the video and the animated icebear. 

The song starts just like so many other soft rock songs, sang in the German language when its time for the chorus the song really starts. Uncontrolled guitarnoises backed up with weird computersounds. 


Of course the message of Eisbaer is not hard to miss. The global warming-up let the ice melt and the icebear has less room to live. And in the animated video, you see an icebear looking for a new place to live and ends up in a busy city. Although I found the song by accident, its seems to be a real rock-classic, lots of people tried to improve the song by creating slightly different mixes. I listened a lot of these and the only remix that really matters was the house version of Groove Zone.


The message is almost the same, it's hard to find any icebears in their natural habitat. Maybe we must find a way to cooldown our planet to get earth in balance again... 

Have fun with this My Music Memories.  Grauzone made more songs
This one caught my eye and my soul. 
Well, Nena (again) covered a Grauzone song ballad and she made it better than 
the original, a really lovely song.

After I wrote this, I found some really interesting remixes, see my playlist
I am sure there will be some mixes you will like too.

No comments:

Post a Comment