Translate

Thursday, September 25, 2014

I like uptempo PSG songs (MSX part): AXELF by Aackosoft's MuSiX

I think there is no computer/game/demo music-composer that doesn't made his own
version of this instrumental theme.
But on MSX I only had an not finished version of AXELF in MuSiX (a music-composing program for MSX-1 published by Aackosoft).

It started with the bassline instead of the main theme, the drums were vanished
after the main theme, and were out of sync at the end of the main theme.
I tried to finish it and after 5 versions it was good enough for me.

Because MuSiX had no MSX Basic-replayer I could use it in my own demo's.
Luckly I found recently a very rare disk-version of MuSiX (long time ago I bought
the original on tape, I still remember that it took forever to load a song from tape).

Ok, so I made no FM-version of AXELF, but A.J. Minnaard version came as a listing
in MSX Computer Magazine, I type it in and had an FM-version.
His version was close to an PSG2FM conversion, soit was  good but not perfect.

Later I found a much better version than A.J. Minnaard, but I don't know who made it.
No remarks found in the listing.

But with the listing of A.J. Minnaard I created 3 Soundtracker 1.0 files and 1 Protracker file.
The differences between the versions are no more than different drumkits and other
instruments, I think.
The Protracker version was no more than a conversion from Soundtracker 1.0.
I found Soundtracker easier to use (ST plays from left to right, PRO from above to below).

Here is the AXELF TnC MSX-disk:

* Depositfiles
* Mediafire

Just a short note: I found a textfile with a manual of MuSiX on an old disk, so it's on the AXELF TnC MSX-disk.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was a good idea to show what MuSiX is and what happened when playing a song, cause I still like the animation of that old drummer.
    So at http://youtu.be/2ZEjUYDvEZw you can find the AXELF of MuSiX.

    ReplyDelete