Translate

Thursday, September 25, 2014

I like uptempo PSG songs (MSX part): FREEZ by GILBERT HOLLEMAN

I.O.U. from Freez was always one of my favorite uptempo songs.

The original PSG-music came from a MSX-BBS demo, which was no more
than a picture with lot of text about the phonenumbers and openinghours of
that BBS.
At that time I downloaded a lot of MSX software on MSX-BBS with my trusty
Philips NMS1205 modem.

Any way I was perplexed about the quality of the PSG song, so when I got my Panasonic FM-Pac, I created my own FM version of the song, uploaded to a BBS and got some critic from the now famous MSX-composer A.J. Minnaard to make it more than just a conversion of 3 PSG voices into 2 FM Voices and  FM-drums.

After a long tought and hard work I created FREEZRMX.FM
Just for A.J. Minnaard, he didn't like it because...well I inserted some weird stuff in the song to make it less boring...but it turned out to be...well hear for yourself.

Oh I forgot to mention I create also FREEZ.SPE, which contains a 12" version made by me (mr. Ugly), a 7" (the original from Gilbert Holleman), a randomizer and a kind of mixer,
so you could make your own 12" version of the song, just by pressing the right button at the right time.

I made also a Soundtracker (1.0) version of the song, together with BRONSKI, AXELF
and FUNKY and more stuff from EMP-Soft (a 2 member MSX-group together with
Elco Duijm).
We send a disk to MCCA Disk Magazine to be published.
And to our suprise some of the stuff was used by them...

Here are the links for the TnC MSX disk of FREEZ:

* Depositfiles
* Mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment