Translate

Monday, September 29, 2014

MSX-2 FM-Pac Games Audio Favorites (Audio part)

When I bought my first FM-Pac (the original) from Home-Soft, a whole new MSX-world opened up.
For the first time I could create of convert my favorite MSX-Basic PSG-songs into FM-Voices, and it sounded amazingly good.
I went to a MSX-friend of mine, which had some (illegal) Japanse games with a musicnote on the label.
We listen to the intro demo's of Feedback, Aleste and Undeadline, and we were perplexed how much the gameplay improved by adding better music and soundeffects created by the FM-Pac.



Well. I sold my original FM-Pac (cause I didn't use these Pac places to store) and bought a cheaper FM-Ship of Zemina.
It has one nice feature, it had a hidden volume-turnwheel behind it's cover.
But to change the volume, I had to make a hole in the cover and a screwdriver to adjust the volume.
The original FM-Pac sounded sometimes too loud on my Philips MSX-2 computer.

I found out that a lot of MSX-2 Games had FM-Pac support, but also often a hidden musicmode.
Because I was not a good player it was for me otherwise impossible to listen to them.
After listen to a couple of musicmodes I wanted to create a cassette-tape with my favorite tunes on it.





I connected a special RGB-cable to DIN (I had it made by some MSX-er) and connected the DIN to my father's cassette-deck which had the new Dolby NR and different switches for Ferro, Ferro-Chrome and Chrome cassettes.
The Deck had no automatic record-levels, each channel had to be adjusted by hand (to the left less to the right more volume).
This made recording rather difficult, cause each game had it's own volume.

I had music for 1 and a half 60 minute tape, but when I was finished recording, I had no tape left and I had to find 30 minutes more favorite game-tunes.
So after part 1, part 2 was never released. See below...


I hope you can enjoy this (mono) musictape, the musicmodes gave me no titles of the musics, mostly numbers, so the tracklistings (see the other pics) will only show how many musics of each game there were.

Here are the links to side 1A and side 1B on mixcloud:


No comments:

Post a Comment