Translate

Thursday, September 25, 2014

I like uptempo PSG songs (YouTube part): SMALLTOWN BOY by BRONSKI BEAT

Most of the time I find the original song much better than the PSG-version on my MSX,
but this time it was different.
Ofcourse the PSG-version had only 3 voices, so a lot of the original song had to be cut away by the MSX-composer.
Still the PSG-version manage to get to the heart of the song.
When I heard and saw the clip of the original song, I got the same feeling as when I first heard BRONSKI played by my MSX...
And the 12" version is more haunted than the original.
The message in the song and clip is clear, so I won't discuss it here.

The newer remix has a long title Max Rocca Prophet 08 Reedit, and has it's own version
of the original clip, very instrumental, but still it's Smalltown Boy alright.
Enjoy !

When I was searching for covers I found 3 very different versions, and I could not decide
which one should be in or out.
Listen en maybe you can decide which of these is the best cover:

The rock of Paradise Lost
The chillout of Ciguri:
The  dance of Little Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment