Translate

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I like uptempo PSG songs (MSX part): An Introduction

I want to start with a short introduction of the MSX part, so I don't have to explain at each song what PSG is and more of that.
So let's get started.
With PSG-songs I mean MSX-Basic programs which contains just PLAY and SOUND commands to create music through the 3 channels Programmable Sound Generator-chip 
of every MSX.
Some history.

When I bought my first MSX-2 computer I collected all MSX Basic-programs I could find.
Strangely there were only a few MSX-Basic programs with PSG music and mostly it was kind of classic tunes I didn't like.
But I keep searching and I found a couple of uptempo PSG songs completly written in MSX-Basic I really liked.
In fact I liked them so much I created more versions of the songs for different kind of MSX music add-ons, like FM-Pac/MSX-Music and Music Module/MSX-Audio.
See you at the next episode of this serie !

No comments:

Post a Comment