Translate

Thursday, September 25, 2014

I like uptempo PSG songs (MSX part): BRONSKI by J.M. DE BONT

Smalltown Boy from Bronski Beat was my first up-tempo song ever heard on my MSX-2.

I liked it a lot and I found out that there was the official MSX Computer Magazine version  (MCM), but ever time I downloaded it from another source (BBS or Videotex) it was slightly different from the original.

At the end I had more than 5 different versions, so I put all the changes into one version, which I called BRONSKI.VS7.
This song had some screen 0 animation, at that moment I liked to make an intro with more than just a few PRINT commands.
Listen if you can hear the parts that had been changed by...well not by me (except the intro).
I liked the song so much I created my first 12" version, a randomizer and a mixer.
But the mixer works not as good the FREEZ mixer.
I created ofcourse an FM-version of it and made also a Soundtracker 1.0 version, so I could listen to the song in MSX-STEREO (FM-Pac + Music Module).


You can find all these versions on the TnC BRONSKI MSX-disk:
* Depositfiles
* Mediafire

And if you don't like the picture: it's converted to SCREEN 2 (16 colors), cause all these PSG-songs were created on a MSX-1 (I think so...)

No comments:

Post a Comment