Translate

Thursday, September 25, 2014

I like uptempo PSG songs (MSX part): TAKEON by TERJA SOFT

Take on Me of Aha was one of the very few uptempo MSX-PSG songs I ever heard.

I did like it, but in the version I got from somewhere, the timing of the drums did not match the rest of the song.

And I am not sure if the timing between the 3 voices the end of the refrein was completly in sync.
And I didn't like the way the composer tried to make the bridge sounded like in the original.

So when I bought the original FM-Pac of Panasonic I converted many of my favorite PSG-songs into a FM-Pac version.
I tried to change the drum-part into a FM-drums sequence but I failed, mainly because
of the timing problems in my PSG version.

Much later I found a better version, but at that time I didn't like to do a second attempt.
I was not so keen on this song as I was with other PSG-songs, like BRONSKI.

The composer TERJA SOFT had done more MSX-conversions of famous songs,
I bought a cassette from the C.U.C. (an Spectravideo/MSX-club)
with I think 6 or 8 MSX PSG songs on it, the listings of course...not the audio !

One of the songs was FUNKY, which I will talk about it later and I think WEALL
(We all stand together) from Paul Mc Cartney/Winny the Pooh
This song WEALL had even some animated sprites in it, which was very nice bonus
(although it was MSX-1 gfx).


Here are the links for downloading the TnC MSX-disk of TAKEON:
* Depositfiles
* Mediafire

I forgot to mention I created a special TnC version of TAKEON, it basicly the same as the original but does a random pitch of the bass and melody line with strange results.

No comments:

Post a Comment