Translate

Thursday, September 25, 2014

I like uptempo PSG songs (YouTube part): AXEL F / Theme from Beverly Hills Cop by Harold Faltermeijer

The instrumental song was no more than the theme song of Beverly Hills Cop,
but the movie and the song was such a succes, that even today people still remember
the song (but forgot the title ;-).

Here is the original song, with the original clip, so you see a lot of Harolds,
not much Eddie Murphy (aka Alex Foley)
The clip is filmed in black and white, very stylish.

The old 12" remix I will link to, has a bit of a story.
Years ago I made a cassettetape with songs I though my older sister would like.
I asked my friend at that time if he had some songs I could record.
At the end I had some spare tape with a duration of maybe 1 minute, so I asked him:
"Have you another song for me ?"

He record a rap-version of Axel-F for me and I always thought it was Eddie Murphy
rapping.
I wanted the complete song so I search a long time for a Alex Foley/Eddie Murphy rap-version of Axel-F/Bevery Hills Cop. No luck.
Until I searched on YouTube for remixes of Axel-F, it were the Club Rappers

This is different version than I had on tape, but who cares, Axel-F is perfectly shaped
for rap-versions (as long as the rapper doesn't screw up).

When I was searching for new versions of Axel-F I know I had to include
the Crazy Frog version here. I liked the crazy clip, the crazy remix, all of it.
Hillarious is the part the he rides on a skyscraper to the top.
Even without the crazy frog sounds the remix is one of the best I ever heard.
So get existed or annoyed by the frog.

Remixes of Axel-F are countless, I heard many of them at YouTube but most of them
just change the drums and the bass and that's it.
But below you find an interesting list of my favorite remixes, each with their own style.

Breakbeat: Westbam
Cheering: Djayjay Electro mix
Euro-Dance: dance club mix
Hardstyle: dj splash 2004
Changes: DHP remix
Modern: sixgr0unds remix

No comments:

Post a Comment