Translate

Thursday, September 25, 2014

I like uptempo PSG songs (YouTube part): TAKE ON ME by AHA



First you have to visited the wikipedia page to understand the history of this song.

If you listen en see the 1984 version video and then click on the famous clip we all know:
then you will agree with me that the wrong producer and the wrong video-director will
put every good song into deep trouble.

But I continue with an old remix, an 12" ofcourse.
Forget the photo's in the clip, just listen.

The newer remix is from DJ GOLLUM
To my suprise, the rock-style fits the song perfectly.

And finally the cover version, again I found in wikipedia an group that covered the song
and had some succes with it REEL BIG FISH 
I choose the long version of the clip, everybody is looking very nerdy,
but what a fun version this is, kind of SKA I hadn't heard for some time.
Check out some other song of these crazy guys at YouTube.

As long as they're not deleted already...

No comments:

Post a Comment