Translate

Saturday, December 9, 2017

112 MSX Basic Games presents: ADD221.GAM (70)

I found recently so many good MSX Basic games, that seems only to be translated into English I just wanna post more about them.

Still, some games need more re-work than expect, like this one: ADD221.GAM.


It's a strange name, but the original Dutch name was "VANGSPEL.BAS", which translated will be "CATCH GAME". And I have already posted a game called "CATCH"...



So I had to invent a new name. The game is all about catching digits with your own digit.
The digits are added together and you have 5 rounds to get to the value of 21.
Instead of ADD 221, you must say ADD to 21. Get it? 

Changing the name and translating the in-game manual was not the hardest part. 
After I played the game for a while I felt the urge to have some kind of Highscore to beat.
I knew what to do and (again) a few days later I was testing my code to set the best score. 


The high score is 1000 and almost impossible to beat without cheating, cause you must get 21 in 2 rounds at every level (total = 5). The best score I got was 976.Can you do better?

Also, I noticed the difficulty was not very high, so I tweaked it.
It's so much better now I could not improve my previous scores...

I changed the sounds here and there, removing sprites when needed and some other things I forgot. 

ADD221.GAM is a very simple game to play with cursor keys or joystick. 

There are no graphics at all, only some big sprites. Yeah, I could have drawn a different background for every level to make the game more interesting to look at.
I just liked the simple game-idea and speed, I didn't want to wait while the background is being drawn. Still wanna try ?

Mediafire / Pcloud

No comments:

Post a Comment