Translate

Monday, December 11, 2017

Xmas 2017: Alternative Christmas music

2017 is almost gone, so we prepare ourselves for the holidays at the end of the year.  First comes the Christmas days and then the Happy Old/New Year days. And everybody is pushing Xmas stuff to the internet, hopefully, somebody picks it up and you have your own viral video, tweet or...

I feel like I have to post something with Xmas and this year I had no ideas at all. One evening I let my son listen to some tunes of the 8-bit universe, cause I know he likes to sort of chiptunes music (Zombie Party). Well...not from 8-bit universe anyway. Then I finally had my first idea for a post about Xmas this year. Searching for Xmas chiptunes I found:


This Week in Chiptunes

With 2 episodes about Xmas or at least Xmas spirit.

But I wasn't satisfied, I want more Alternative Xmas music. So I search for Xmas DubStep, Trap, EDM mixes on YouTube and found out that DubStep was already 5 years old (at least on YouTube). There were so many mixes and YouTubers that repost the same mixes with a different screenshot I gave up. This is not alternative, it's already very common.

I felt there was not much Xmas spirit left in me, my last attempt was Xmas rock mixes.
Between the same old mixes with the same old Xmas rock songs, I found this gem.


alexrainbirdMusic 

He collects very regularly the finest indie music and creates one big video of it, with all the links to the artists you hear in the mix. If you like the soundtrack of the game "Life Is Strange" you should listen to his mixes on YouTube. I subscribed already after maybe 5 minutes playtime. Of course, there are Xmas mixes too and I made a playlist.
Here it is.

Now I will search for some MSX XMAS stuff to post about. 
Happy Listening and Merry Christmas to you !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment