Translate

Sunday, December 3, 2017

112 MSX Basic Games presents: MRTOPHAT.GAM (71)

The original name of this game was "Doktor Snor" or in MSX terms: "DR-SNOR.BAS", however the main character was wearing a big tophat, and had no moustache. So I changed the name into "Mister Tophat".  
 
It's looks like another Pacman clone, but it's more a cross-over between Pacman and a Mirror game. 

You have to collect money as much as possible, BUT you cant do it yourself you have to let "Woofer" your dog to pick it up. To let your dog you have to create and destroy walls to send "Woofer" into the right direction to get the money (dollars).
You can also stand in the way of the dog to get him the right way to the money.
After then rounds (Woofer runs in circles) the game is over.

Very easy !

At first I was convinced it was an easy game to translate, but I had to reprogram the manual page, added a highscore and made the game less boring by shorten the game-play. It took me a couple of hours instead of maybe 15 minutes I imaged.
 
Still, I like the game-play and with the changes I made, it's a little better than the original.
I dont know how I got it or who made it, otherwise I would mention it here in this post.
Maybe it's a listing from a MSX-book, I hope to find it some day.

Get it: Mediafire / Pcloud

Sorry, no intro-screen. I believe it doesnt need one, it works with cursors and joystick
so press fire and start playing !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment