Translate

Monday, December 11, 2017

My Music Memories: The Whole Of The Moon - The Waterboys


It's strange how some long forgotten music comes back to me. 
Like this one: "The Whole of The Moon" of The Waterboys.

I was with my wife on a long journey with our car and there was not much good music on any radiostation. My wife asked me to search for the music CD-Rs I made for our marriage ceremony and reception, so we could listen next time to those old songs we loved both.

Back home I started the search for the CD-Rs and found 5 out of 6. I remembered I made also tapes of these CDRs in case the CDRs was not working (indeed, in the town hall they had to play the tape instead). In the end, I had more than 10 tapes I liked to have recorded as mp3, still tape 6 kept missing. I guess there was never a CD-Rs with number 6.


So I started playing the tapes on my Hifi-system, while converting them on-the-fly to 
mp3-files. As always I listen to the first part of the first song of every tape sides. 

Then I heard a piano, battling with an organ, some weird violin notes. The voice of Mike Scott started and the song stayed in my head for more than a week. 
Backing vocals, some trumpets, a saxophone solo, it was all too much for me to take. 

I started searching for more of The Waterboys, found other songs I was forgotten 
(I bought once The Best of The Waterboys 81-90 on cassette, I lost it somehow) 
and created a playlist on YouTube.

Now I have listened to a lot of The Waterboys (aka Mike Scott and others) and 
there are 3 albums you should listen if you like this song "The Whole Of The Moon
(from "This Is The Sea")


In the right order, they are: A Pagan Place, This Is the Sea and Fisherman's Blues.

And you can listen to the rest as a bonus. 

Well, you might think Mike Scott is not a good singer, but he knows how to put emotion in each song that will going straight to your heart.

I wasn't sure I should post it on Fan Of or My Music Memories, cause after I bought "The Best of " (mainly cause I like "The Whole.." and "A Girl Called Johnny" ) I never had the urge to buy more albums of The Waterboys.


Today I might be a fan, considering I like at least 3 albums very much.
U2 ?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment