Translate

Sunday, December 10, 2017

MSX Demo: MSX Animated Painting

PAINTING.DEM is an MSX-1 Basic animation like I have never seen before. Of course, there are plenty MSX-1 demo's made in machine code that can do so much more than this simple Basic program, but you are missing the main reason why I posted it.

If you have ever written an MSX Basic program that created graphics in SCREEN 2, you know why I like this short demo. Still not impressed? The demo moves all the waves of the sea, the birds, and the sailing ship, without any delay. I never saw a sea of changing waves on SCREEN 2 and moving more than 1 sprite at the same time is not easy in MSX Basic.
I needed KUN Compiler in my MSX-1 Paranoid Demo to get some speed with sprites.

The real programmer is unknown, I found it on a disk full of MSX Basic games I collected many years ago and I really feel bad, not able to giving this MSX-er the credits for this simple but wonderful demo.

There were minor editing by me, I put the title on the screen, correct the tree a little bit
and remove some spaces to get some extra speed.

Hurray to this unknown MSX-er.


Mediafire / Pcloud

No comments:

Post a Comment