Translate

Saturday, December 9, 2017

112 MSX Basic Games presents: SWATFLY.GAM (67)

Finally not an MSX Computer Magazine listing ! 
It's a listing from C.U.C. Computer Journaal Issue 22 !

Whenever I met these C.U.C. guys on MSX fair, I tried to bought every magazine they had.
Their cassettes were a bit overpriced, so I bought only a couple and typed over every listing from those C.U.C. magazines. 


Any way, the original Dutch name was "Vliegenmepper" and was made by J.P. Zeedijk, 
who published plenty of high quality MSX Basic programs. 

I had to create a new name and I think SWAT THE FLY describes perfectly what the game is all about. SWATFLY.GAM is a shooting game, Space Invaders style. 

The fun is that the only enemy you have to shoot, can move randomly slow/fast in any direction. That can make timing your shots difficult. 

You can use for 2 difficulties/skills, the Normal skill is of course the hardest. I tweaked the difficulty a lot, cause Easy was not easy but boring and Normal was still easy. 
I created a new difficulty, so the old Easy was replaced by the Normal and the Normal was replaced by my new difficulty.

I like the intro screen a lot, I just didnt like the color white in the C.U.C. logo, so I replaced it with magenta. Check out the % of Swatted Flies! And ofcourse I translated the listing and the texts to English.
The game was so simple, all the info you need was already seen in the intro or play screen.
It saves me a lot of time of creating an English manual ...

I just made a few graphics changes so you can see the differences between playing Easy skill or Normal skill. You will noticed if you play it. I also had the correct some sprite errors when you played the game more than once. 

Some notes about this game: 
- you can shoot more than once on the enemy, 
  but mostly 2nd time you are too late
- the enemy will not fire back at you, lucky for you
- if you miss 10 times the enemy the game is over, 
  try to swat at least 10 flies to get a decent %

Well I talked enought about the SWATFLY.GAM, let's play...

Mediafire / Pcloud


No comments:

Post a Comment