Translate

Monday, December 11, 2017

Fan Of: Deacon Blue ?

You may ask, why the question mark. I had to think about it and this is what I can remember.

Once I bought "Whatever You Say, Say Nothingand I was very pleased by it. 
Popsongs with a rocksound and a bit of electronics. Then I bought an earlier album "When the World Knows Your Name" . It sounded nothing like that other album, almost every song had strong parts and very weak part. In the end I was soo disappointed I never played it again or bought more albums of Deacon Blue. I guess my musictaste was changed, cause the album contained hits like "Queen of the New Year", "Wages Day", "Real Gone Kid", etc.

So I was fan of Deacon Blue for only 1 album and then they split.


This was another group I completly forgot, just like The Waterboys and recently dicovered again. I was searching on YouTube for The Waterboys songs for the playlist and on the right side YouTube showed me all at once "Real Gone Kid" of Deacon Blue. I played the song and started to look for more Deacon Blue and as a result I made also a playlist of my Deacon Blue favs. Yes, those 3 songs I mentioned are also part of it, they were not so bad at all and sounded "live" much better than the studio-version.

While I was compiling the playlist I found "Cut Lip" (also from  "Whatever You Say, Say Nothing" ) and I remembered I used a sample of the song, while I was fooling around with a free Windows Store software-program called Music Pad. And all these samples came from a very old disk which I created for use in a Windows Sounds scheme (very populair on Windows 98).

For me more reason not to ignore "Deacon Blue" songs, but you will see in my playlist that most songs are from "Whatever You Say, Say Nothing" my fav album of Deacon Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment