Translate

Saturday, December 9, 2017

112 MSX Basic Games presents: ICECREAM.GAM (68)

This game was a nightmare to translate. 

So many texts and so less space to show it, without getting out of boundaries. 

I had earlier tried to translate and failed. 
This time I do better, although I'm not sure if I correct every text the right way. 

   
It's playable now, so I post it here. Maybe I forgot some texts I don't wanna know...

ICECREAM.GAM is a text-only game. That means it could run on any computer with a Basic interpreter. I liked it above many other text-only games, the cause of the subject 
(try to make money from an ice factory in 2 years), the number of choices you can make every month and I found 
a way to beat the MSX high score of 2500.

A few tricks:

- have at least 3 ice machines ready and make as much 
  ice cream as possible before its month June-August in 
  April/may
- advertise every month except June-August with 25 dollar
- advertise and you will sell 3x more ice cream
- don't produce more than 1000 from August until the 
  new year
- don't produce 3 months before the end of the game
 - sell every machine in November of the 2nd year

My high score was 2675, with advertising. Without it's hard to beat the MSX high score.

The original name of the game was "IJSFAB.BAS", or "IJsfabriek" in Dutch. 
I translated to ICECREAM.GAM, cause it's about ice cream, not jeans or cheese 
or cd-players...
And once again, this was a listing from that Dutch MSX magazine, which name I have 
typed too many times now. 

Mediafire / Pcloud ready 

No comments:

Post a Comment