Translate

Sunday, December 3, 2017

112 MSX Basic Games presents: BALBAL.GAM (74)

I had some technical difficulties with creating a menu that can show the user if the right disk was in drive or warn the user to change the disk and re-check. The menu should work on SCREEN 2 and SCREEN 8 and must start without any strange screen-errors the right demo. I'm talking about my 2 disks big Wordstore+ Picture-Demo's. 

Since I wasted too much time to search and test multiple solutions, I changed my mind and search for freeware games I love to play in the past and seemed to be forgotten. However, instead of finding such freeware games, I found almost 10 real Basic games for my 112 MSX Basic Games.

Some didn't have to change a lot, like this one and I decided to go on with the 112 MSX Basic Games. 

This game has a very Dutch name, "Balletje Balletje". In English, I call it "Follow The Ball"
It's was a very famous game of fraud in the late 80s and early 90s, mostly played on the streets (of Amsterdam for example). I found a nice wiki page about it, sadly not in English.
Hereby some translated info in English:

"In the middle of the eighties of the twentieth century the game a revival in Amsterdam. Players from Yugoslavia at the expense of unsuspecting passers-by enriching and tourists. From this period dates the new name "balletje-balletje". Initially, the police struggling against the game; the deception had to be demonstrated. In January 1987 drove a bus with a speaker through the center to warn tourists against the game."

How to play this MSX Basic game?
There are 3 cups and 1 ball, the ball goes under 1 cup, the cups get shuffled and you have to choose the right cup with the ball under it. If you choose right, you get money. If you choose wrong...

This is an MSX-2 game and it uses the COPY command very well to gain speed and show some animation. I didn't change the big title, cause I liked it the way it was.
Or I was too lazy to reprogram it all, take your pick.

There is no high score, cause just like the real game on the streets, you always end broke if you don't stop in time.

"Balletje Balletje" is a nice gambling game. I only add an English title and some extra info on how to choose a cup.Well...translation also. It was very Dutch.

Got to get it: Mediafire / Pcloud


No comments:

Post a Comment