Translate

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Biscaya - James Last - TnC Instrumentals


I just hate any song with accordion. It is the musical instrument only made for playing songs only drunken people would sing along. And the famous arranger/orchestra-leader James Last creates a song with a leading role for the accordion, "Biscaya."  


It is a great song for playing at sunsets. James Last was very popular in The Netherlands and he gave a lot of concerts there. He also released a couple of arranged Dutch children songs, which made him even more popular. 

He released countless albums in the 60s and 70s, mostly arranged versions of famous pop songs but also classical music or film music. "Biscaya" is no cover and it made me sad he didn't write more original stuff. I guess he didn't have the time for it.

According to wiki James Last wrote a couple more songs, some recorded by famous artists.
Well, check the wiki for more info.

Here is The Best of James Last and here is another one
it's a matter of taste, I guess. To be honest, I really don't like most of the music he made, 
it reminds me too much of German Octoberfests. I guess I had to be drunk to like this kind of part band music for more than 4 minutes.

Despite all this, I enjoyed "The Seduction" and "The Lost Shepard" too.

James Last is no longer on this earth, but his legacy is enormous.
Have a listen to "Biscaya"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment