Translate

Monday, September 27, 2021

TnC GameMusic Selection: An Introduction

I always loved instrumental music, specially in games.
So I collected over the years a lot of GameMusic from mostly PC games I had bought.
Later I searched on the net for gamemusic composers and complete soundtracks.
So this GameMusic Collection will have mostly PC-games.
 
For MSX games with PSG music made John Hassink a great video, and he did it so well that
I could never make any addition to it.
But I made 1 tape with MSX-Music gamemusic from several MSX games.
The 2nd was never recorded, cause I ran out of tapes and had also not enough music
to record both sides.
Enough about MSX for now.

I started to collect GameMusic, when I discovered that a lot of PC games on CD-Rom
had real audio tracks hidden after the game-data.

After a while I recorded the best of these tracks on more than 20 pieces of C90 tapes,
totally random in music genre, only ordered by the tracknumber and the type of game.
There were tapes with Pinball GameMusic, Racing GameMusic and Other GameMusic.

I made those for use in my Sony Walkman, during traveling by foot, bus or train to my work and back home.One tape got lost, when my son tried to find the end of the tape...

I liked the tapes a lot, some more than others.
Times were changin, and when I got my first mp3-player, the Sony Walkman was never used before.
Still I preserved the tapes and stored them in a special box.
Then when we bought a new stereo-set so time ago, it could play a tape and
record it on a mp3-player via an USB connector at the same time.
So I recorded all of them (except 1) and burn it on DVDs and forgot it, until now.
 
In this series I want to post the GameMusic that really matters to me, even after all
these years...
And maybe I upload all these tapes with GameMusic, so you can listen to them too.

Some can be found at mixcloud mixmeister tnc or tnc tapes. 

The rest was never upload cause I had no free space left there.

No comments:

Post a Comment