Translate

Sunday, September 26, 2021

My Music Memories : I Got Five On It by Luniz (featuring Michael Marshall)

This is probably the one rap or hiphop song in this series of music memories. I guess I Still liked it because the music and refrain are better than the whole rapping thing. It is a kind of Tublar Bells in a the hiphop-version . Without the haunted refrain sang by Michael Marshall 
( NO NOT the same guy who sang in the same way, the refrein of Gangsta Paradise of Snoop Dogg, that's L.V.)

 = ERROR DETECTED  =

I would forget the song soon, but now... It stayed for days in my head and there also an MSX Moonblaster version made by Silence. Too bad he was a bit lazy and made only a loop with the bells and the bass, so no refrain...I had tried to create in Moonblaster the refrain which should sound a bit the same, but it was so hard to create it from scratch if you don't know the notes. I only manage to create the first refrain line , before I stopped. Check the album it came from, the song has also a real history. The video clip is just standard hip-hop stuff,  cool looking guys with tatoos  dancing girls in small bikinis, in a big house with a big pool. 

The song  has a lot of remixes, but most of them are just other (famous) rappers and the same tune. I had to listen to a lot of shit to find some dope remixes.
Like this one: The Technotronic Luniz Bounce (even at Normal speed awesome)
Or This Dubstep Remix (requires 1:25 speed, luv the bass)

I was busyg with a msx version with a extra refrein and differentsamples, but never finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment