Translate

Monday, September 27, 2021

My Music Memories: Synth Wave / Retro Wave

I told you earlier at the end of 2016, I discovered a new music genre.

In November 2016 I was browsing on mix.dj in the newest mixes and found a mix with a letterfont as it came straight from the 80s. So I checked it out and fell in love with the music.

The mix was called Night Ride FM and was interupted a lot by a female host who tried to be witty. According to the DJ FRANK the music was a mix of Synthwave, Indietronica or New Retro Wave.
Well, the music style is not new of course, it's just the sound of the 80s into the 21th century. But all are new tracks and not just re-edited originals.

One of my favorite artists in this genre is The Midnight, their album Endless Summer is absolutly a must if you like the 80s as much as I do.

I like instrumental music and a lot of these so called Synthwave or Retro Wave is instrumental too. It's also inspired by music from videogames so that is no suprise.

Lately I saw the movie Drive on TV, the action was ok, but the movie seems a bit unfinished. However the music was fantastic in 80s style, so I though the movie came
from the 80s too. According to wiki it was a movie from 2011 !!!

There are a few YouTubers who make long mixes full of the latest Synthwave Retro Wave.



So check these favorites of mine:


ThePrimeThantos
Gelbar
BadJays 
Nightride FM

Want more ? Check YouTube on Synthwave or Retro Wave.
You can see also the 80s style in the pictures and animations in these mixes. Like the picture on the right.

Never published ??
Why ??

No comments:

Post a Comment