Translate

Monday, September 27, 2021

112 MSX Basic games presents : GOTORED4.GAM (61)


Now this is a simple game where you play against MSX or an human player. There is a field full of squares and 1 of them is red. You win if you get on the red square first or if you cant go to another square. All squares will dissapear if you click on them. You can move vertical and MSX or human player plays horizontal. The playscreen is very small but random generated, so every game wont take long to finish, it stays challanging. Finding a good name for this game was difficult, the Dutch title "Vlaktiek" cannot be translated , causd its a kind of Dutch wordjoke. I dont know how to make jokes in English so in the end I choose for "GOTORED4". It described to game very well. Of course I made a sort if manual and playerscreen, so you can choose  player names ( only 3 chars) and if you choose against MSX or player 2. I dont let the players choose if they want to play vertical or horizontal, that's too much work for such a simple game. The sprite you can move was ver y small, so I mad e a different shape and change color of the sprite with every players turn. I could draw the directions for every player, I didnt. Read the manual !
Are you willing to challange MSX ? Goto Mediafire / Pcloud.
After I wrote this I started with applying those changes. Soon I found out it was extreem difficult to change the game to a 2 player game. It was not clear which tests were for determine the best turn and which one for moving the sprite. So I exterminated that idea of the 2 player game. Next was the sprite size, after playing the game I was convinced the size and shape were good enough and change only the color of the sprite and the name of the player. However I got a great idea to create a sort of tournament where you must play 5 rounds against MSX, of course you can choose to play only 1 round, but you miss the fun of besting the MSX at least 3 times to win the tournament.

Where is that game ? Can it still be downloaded ?

No comments:

Post a Comment