Translate

Monday, September 27, 2021

Philips Music Module prgrams : Musicbox

Musicbox w as the buildin prgram of the Music Module I spend hours and hours and hours fooling around. Transforming my voice with echo and pitch in realtime,  impressive for MSX 1 software,, was just 1 of features I loved to use. The sampler could not sample more than 4,6 ? Seconds or 4 small ones, you could play them on your MSX keyboard with different pitches. It was big fun to hear your voice can be transformed into a baby or a very old mans voice. And most important, you could use the samples like any other instrument i  the simple songeditor. So you could play lets say, a solo on a Spanish riff , sample your voice saying Ole and replace the instrument thst plays the solo with the sample. Result: you will hear Ole a lot when playing your arrangement ( which is a solo and a riff). And there was more, you also could change the drumkit, not much, just another snaredrum or cymbals. But it can really make a change if you listen to the change riff. I call them riffs, Musicbox called the styles and there are a lot of them. Some are very simple and annoying, like scottish, some are just great like pop or rock n roll or indian. I typed in some short songs from the musicboook I got in the Music kodule package, only short ones, cause you need to putt every note into place at the rightplace,which was not easy and very timeconsuming. I record with my taperecorder all sound from the audio cassette that was also partof the package. Not much to record, but sampling the rock guitarriff gave me enough new ideas for arrangemrnts in Musicbox editor. I forgot to tell you there was another feature I never ever had seen before on MSX, it could rearrange and record in realtime the notes you are playing so every note was in perfect sync timing with the music. Very handy for me cause I never could play in ritme. Special for this post I created a zipfile with the program Musicbox and all the stuff I made or collected. I am not sure if Musicbox will work with the Toshiba MSX - AUDIO cartrudge instead of the Philips Music Module, so you really need  a Philips Music Module( or emulated) to let the Musicbox work. How a lot of funwith playing these files, or watch the video to get a short impression of Musicbox.

See also the post about the Philips Music-Module. This is the 3rd I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment